Pool Openings & Closings
If you have a pool on your property, you must be aware that you need to close your pool before the winter season sets in and then open it at the onset of spring. There are very specific things that need to be done during the pool opening and closing processes in order to ensure that the equipment stays in the good condition through the winter and becomes usable in spring.
While some homeowners handle the pool opening and closing themselves the task can be laborious and time-consuming and it's best to hire experts like us for this job. We at Dell Pools are a leading full-service landscape, pool & spa design company based in Hawthorne, New Jersey. We cater to customers from the surrounding areas.
After many months of cold weather, when it starts to warm up, you want to get your pool ready for the swimming season. The different aspects included in our residential pool opening services are:
- Removal of the cover and storing in the location indicated by you
- For pools that have safety covers- lower the safety cover lugs
- Empty & store the water bags (for pools with solid covers)
- Remove the winterization plugs
- Perform a visual inspection of the pool area & equipment
- Test the water chemistry
- Start and test the filtration system
- Add all the initial chemicals (Algaecide, Chlorine, D.E, etc.)
- Test the heater (in case it's applicable)
- Install all the pool accessories (Diving board, ladder, handrail, cleaner, etc.)
Once the cold weather starts settling in, you need to winterize the pool and close it until spring. The different aspects included in our residential pool closing services are:
- Shut down & winterize complete pool filtration system
- Remove the debris from the pool
- Visual Inspection of pool area & equipment
- Remove as well as store all the pool accessories (Diving board, ladder, handrail, cleaner, etc.)
- Add the pool winterization chemicals (Winterizing algaecide and chlorine boost )
- Install the winter cover
- Raise lugs for the safety covers
- Fill water bags in case of solid covers
If you have mesh covers, all the water will be drained by around 18”. But it’s important that the water level is just below the skimmer and tiling during the winter months. If required we can send our technician a few times during the winter months to add some more algaecides and scale inhibitors.
If you are looking for swimming pool design and installation services that will meet your specific needs and fit into your budget, our custom pool design solutions are just for you. We distinguish ourselves by providing high-quality services at very competitive residential swimming pool cost.